Technical and Industrial Fibre Chemicals
The treatment of fibres is made with topical agents designed to improve the production and downstream processing thereof. These fibres are typically used in the production of fabrics such woven and non-woven geotextiles, reinforcement fibres in concrete, fibre glass products, paper and plastics.
Croda supplies a range of functional ingredients for the production and processing of technical fibres, in particular at or shortly after the stage of fibre formation; lubricants, anti-static agents, cohesive agents, wetting/wicking agents (including those with a permanent/durable effect) dispersing aid and emulsifiers. In addition, we offer some formulated spin finishes based on combinations of the above, optionally with the addition of eg biocides, anti-oxidants and other effect ingredients.
Our wide and varied range of processing aids and finishes mean we have products for use in the manufacture of acrylic, polyester, nylon and cotton fibres to name a few.
Our product range includes:
- Cohesive agents
- Wicking agents
- Conventional and polymeric dispersant's
- Dye levelling and wetting agents
- Aqueous and solvent rheology modifiers
Textile auxiliaries are used to clean, colour and finish the textile materials, in particular fibres/fabrics for apparel, furnishing and floor coverings. There are in essence three areas of focus:
- Chemicals and formulations for the cleaning of textile materials of both natural and man-made origin
- Chemicals and formulations for the colouration stage of textile materials, eg to improve colour fastness, evenness of dyeing and cost of processing
- Chemicals and formulations for the finishing of textile materials, giving or improving properties such as softness and stiffness
Please contact you local Croda sales rep for product information, datasheets and MSDS requests or register here for access to Croda Direct.